Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Never Alone

Sometimes I have to fight feelings of loneliness. You can be alone but not feel lonely. It is something I sometimes struggle with even when I am surrounded by people. I don’t think its right I think it more of a pity party. I wonder what Jesus really felt when he was on earth. Lonely is the path he chose and the one I chose. I made the choice of following God’s footsteps. No one has forced me to be where I am today. Jesus was amongst people but He spent time alone too. He even was left alone on the cross even by God almighty. At least no matter what I feel I know I am NEVER really alone all because of what Jesus has done for me.
Jesus was also betrayed; I have by people who were “blood” related and those who were not, in the ministry and without. I know the church we were part of turned back on us in the past and at the same time my mother was dying. I did not remember receiving phone calls to see how I was. Not even from cousins or aunts or those who were my closest friends. I don’t want to sound pitiful and I don’t hold it against anyone I am just stating the facts. Too many expectations are not very fruitful. I heard once that the more expectations you put on people the more likely you are to be disappointed. I hope no one expects much out of me because they will surely get disappointed.
The Lord has expectations of me and I really want to go thru with them, I don’t want to stand before him ashamed I don’t want to disappoint him but I know I do everyday. To much is given much is required. He has given me so much and I know he expects more from me than others. I just hope his patience has not run thin with me yet because I am slow at learning and sometimes I need a good kick in the rear from time to time.

Exodus 24:2 And Moses alone shall come near the LORD: but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him.

When you go closer to God you will find the crowd around you getting thinner and thinner.

Job must have felt lonely, losing not everything but everyone but his wife and even his friends were no help.

But John 16:32 says, “Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.”

No matter what I feel inside I know that I am never alone

2 comments:

Kindred Spirits said...

Yes thats true sometimes i feel lonely also but its for people thats not here.My heart hurts and is longing to see them again and the only strength i have to get through it is the Lord Jesus Christ in my life. He gives me peace to handle each day if not i would have been gone already. Thanks alot loved it. Mel

Redeemed said...

I think I'm going to remember "When you go closer to God you will find the crowd around you getting thinner and thinner." I love that. Really enjoyed your post, Mary!!