Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trials of our Faith...

I was having a discussion with my husband about God allowing suffering. I used to fear about my next trial before it came. What I didn't know then but know now is that each trial though seems difficult at the time, it passes and strengthens me. So when the next trial comes knocking at my door, I am much more capable much more stronger because I am much more reliant on God. Once I've seen Him bring me through tough times my trust in Him grows. I develop a peacable comfort during those times that can not be explained but felt. Amidst the turmoil churning in my heart, the deep anguish of my troubled soul, I feel a supernatural strength, a closeness to God. The bible likens our sorrow to a woman travailing in birth, but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. It was only during my last labor with child number three that I realized how helpful breathing techniques could be. When the contraction begins and the pain seems too strong to bear, that is when you should not tense your muscles but relax as much as possible while you begin to breath properly. It was the hardest thing to do! Just when I felt the pain the worst that is when I felt the need to tense up the most. But when I fought that feeling and relaxed the pain lessened to the point where it was bearable! I realized just minutes ago that it was the same with our trials. When we feel the most pain the most turmoil-- that is when we need to be still and lean on Christ. Our flesh fights but when we allow our spirit to win what victory what peace engulfs us and the pain is hardly there!

1 comment:

Redeemed said...

I'm glad I read this post. Thanks, Mary, I will remember that for next trial. :)