Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Iniquity cont'd

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

This describes today’s age. Cold hearted, apathetic, half hearted having or showing little ardor, zeal, or enthusiasm. If that sounds familiar it’s because you have encountered some of today’s “Christians”. It is also the definition of “lukewarm”. The bible talks about this last age as people being lukewarm. Iniquity has reigned in the hearts of many, idols taking place of God, leaving hearts cold towards God and His word.

I pray that my heart never gets cold towards the conviction of God, that he helps rid any idols lurking in my heart, laziness in serving Him and restores unto me the Joy of His salvation.

2 comments:

Kindred Spirits said...

Isn`t that the truth.

Anonymous said...

I find today's Christians do not have the zeal or enthusiasm for God when it does not benefit THEM...& They'd rather ignore and avoid the topic when they are with others who don't believe. I'm slowly working on changing those ways, especially after reading your post, I didn't realize how true it is - How cold hearted & lukewarm I am... I was watching a movie today and in the movie this guy was talking about God and giving himself to him. He was talking to another guy about it and asking him if he was ready and told him you're either in or your not because you can't be both. After reading your post it totally reminded me of that part in the movie. I don't want to be just lukewarm anymore or sitting on a fence post scared and unsure of which way to go. Thank you for this post. As you have mentioned, I too want the joy restored in me! :)