Friday, February 27, 2009

Iniquity

Woe to us who set up idols in our hearts! We place stumblingblocks of our own iniquity in our face. If we regard iniquity in our heart the Lord will not hear us. How much will we have to account for in that day!!!

iniquity was not found His [Jesus] lips == Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh: If we have our iniquity purged then our lips would be clean too.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell

We must yield our members servants to righteousness unto holiness. Crucify our flesh daily from its lusts.

By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity,

It is possible for us to change. Let us love righteousness, and hate iniquity; fear the Lord, depart from evil, put God first and above all in our hearts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, we should NOT set up idols in our hearts but it is difficult for us, well for me it is. I feel like those who do not grow up in a Christian home rely on musicians or actors to get them through all their emotions, through their life's journey. It is easy for us to idolize a musician because their lyrics speak to us, they heal us and help us to understand. They make us feel like we are not alone. Now, I know God does all this AND more but nobody ever questions a singer's song lyrics or their emotions, or most of all their existence.

What Love! said...

We all struggle with idols in our hearts. Idols could be anything that you love MORE than God. I don't admire any singer, but if I think about housework all day and not once think about God that's just as bad. My husband didn't grow up in a christian home and went to see heavy metal groups that he idolized. Now he looks back and realizes they were dopy, wimpy shortie's with long gangly hair that he waited for hours out in the rain to meet them and they couldn't give a flip about anyone but themselves. He LOVES and IDOLIZES GOd more than anyone because Jesus was the only one who died for him. Peter loves Jesus because Jesus first loved him -- when he was unlovable God loved him. Same with me.

Redeemed said...

You're very right, Mary. It IS possible for us to change. We (I) have to stop making excuses. With God, all things are possible. If we (I) desire to draw nearer to Him we (I) could learn to love Him more and then the turning away from iniquity would just come naturally. I think you said it really well in your last paragraph. I will keep that in my heart.