Monday, October 27, 2008

It Was Worth It All

Faced with sore abuse and scorn
Death for life, die to be born
On this cross i am made unknown
And from my father left all alone
My own disciple denied me thrice
But what am i to do but pay their price
Left there to bleed -- all my love
I was the promise seed
They saw in my disfigured face
That I wanted them to bathe in my grace
They saw in me their eternal life would be a bliss
To know it really began from just a kiss
Hurting me now when will this pain end
But once your heart opens letting me come in,
It was all worth it
It was worth it all.

2 comments:

Kindred Spirits said...

God is so wonderful His faithfulness to stick by us all the way through. Loved your poem..By Melinda A.K.A kindred spirit

Redeemed said...

Amen, I'm so glad He thought we worth it all.